eBay Buyer Coupons Terms and Conditions
- The offer contained in the electronic communication ("E-Coupons") is made by eBay India Pvt Ltd ("eBay") and is open to targeted www.ebay.in registered users ("Users") who are persons residents in India and 18 years of age or older and/or are persons competent to contract. These terms and conditions are in addition to the existing www.ebay.in User Agreement and other policies and terms and conditions ("eBay UAs"). The offer is not intended to persons resident outside India and minors and person incompetent to contract and any acceptance of offer and usage of E-Coupons by these persons shall be invalid and void ab initio. E-Coupons are also not offered to, and shall not be used by, such Users who under any statutory obligations are prohibited to use E-Coupons. E-Coupon is the property of www.ebay.in and eBay has the right to cancel the E-Coupons at will and at any time (including during the validity period of the E-Coupon) without -giving any prior intimation to the User. E-Coupon is a privileged from eBay and not a right or claim against eBay. E-Coupons can also be cancelled in case the User is in violation of eBay UAs.
- User using the E-Coupons in any manner shall be deemed to have read, understood and accepted these terms and conditions.
- E-Coupon is issued to the User and specific to the User ID mentioned in the electronic communication. E-Coupon cannot be used through another User ID even-though a different User ID is maintained by the same person.
- The value and the mode of using of the E-Coupon is mentioned in the electronic communication.
- E-Coupons shall be valid and must be redeemed by 23:59:59 IST 7th day of April, 2012, unless cancelled / terminated earlier in accordance with these terms and conditions and/or eBay UAs. The validity of E-Coupon is subject to the condition that the User remains registered user and is neither suspended nor in violation of eBay UAs and PaisaPay services.
- E-Coupons can be redeemed only on purchases made through www.ebay.in on those listings which provides for an option of E-Coupon payments and only when making payments through PasiaPay. E-Coupons shall be invalidated in case of rejection of payment by eBay due to eBay's risk containment measures. E-Coupons cannot be used to buy any item which is illegal or prohibited by eBay UAs. E-Coupons also cannot be used to buy the items which are required to be shipped outside India.
- One E-Coupon can be used only for one purchase irrespective of the value of such purchase and the unutilized or underutilized value of the E-Coupons shall be forfeited and User cannot claim any benefit or a substitute E-Coupon in lieu of the same. The purchase value of the item in excess of the value of the E-Coupon shall be paid by the User along with using the E-Coupon.
- E-Coupon carries no cash value and cannot be transferred, negotiated or sold and cannot be redeemed against cash. E-Coupons cannot be combined with any other coupons or any other offer or discounts or promotions.
- eBay is not responsible for any typographical error leading to an invalid coupon.
- eBay does not guarantee that any one or more listings on www.ebay.in or the desired listings of the Users would have E-Coupon as the payment option.
- eBay is neither recommending you to purchase the specific item which you intend to purchase or actually purchase using E-Coupon nor eBay is warranting or endorsing any product or services listed on www.ebay.in nor warranting or verifying or guarantying the performance or conduct of any seller offering E-Coupon as payment option or of any third party.
- eBay shall not be liable for any lost or stolen E-Coupon and E-Coupons once issued shall not be reissued.
- eBay makes no representation or warranties of any kind regarding any product or service provided by any third party in connection with any E-Coupon and shall not be responsible for any costs, damages, accident, delay, injury, loss, expense or inconvenience that may arise in connection with the use of E-Coupons.
- Limitation of Liability: Under no circumstances eBay's liability shall exceed giving the User a replacement E-Coupon of the same nature and of the same value.
- These terms and conditions are subject to Indian laws and any dispute shall be subject to jurisdiction of the courts in Mumbai (India) only.
What are eBay gift vouchers?
eBay gift vouchers are an additional way of paying for items bought on eBay India using PaisaPay (besides Credit Card and Online Bank Transfer). Your gift voucher will consist of a 10-digit alphanumeric code that you can enter while making a part or full payment using PaisaPay .
What kind of payment types do gift vouchers provide?
Payments using gift vouchers can be of two types:
- Flat value: For example, get Rs. 500 on purchases of Rs. 2000 and above.
- Percentage: For example, get 20% off on purchases of Rs. 1000 and above.
What are the terms and conditions of using gift vouchers?
- Each voucher will have its individual criteria, such as minimum order amount, seller / category / item against which the voucher is applicable.
- Vouchers will have a validity period, which will vary from voucher to voucher.
- Vouchers can only be used with PaisaPay, that is, if a coupon is a % discount type, then the balance amount can be paid using only PaisaPay.
- Each gift voucher is good for one-time use only. You will not be able to split the value of a voucher across multiple payments.
How can I get a gift voucher?
Sorry, you cannot apply to receive gift vouchers. eBay will distribute gift vouchers to users based on its own discretion.
I have received a gift voucher. What do I do?
- When you buy a Buy It Now item on www.eBay.in , choose to pay with PaisaPay. On the PaisaPay payment page, enter the gift voucher code provided to you and click the Apply button.
- Once the voucher is validated, the order details at the top of the page will reflect the changes, and will indicate the balance amount to be paid using credit card or online bank transfer.
- Complete your payment and click the Pay button.
Will I have to pay something to redeem a gift voucher?
No, eBay gift vouchers are absolutely free for buyers.
What happens to my voucher in case I'm eligible for a PaisaPay refund?
If you're eligible for a refund, you will receive the entire amount you paid for the order using online bank transfer or credit card. The amount will be refunded back to the same Credit Card or Bank account from where the initial payment was made. For example, if you paid using online bank transfer, the amount will be transferred back to your bank account. You will not, however, be able to re-use the gift voucher. In some cases, eBay may issue a new voucher at its own discretion.
How can I ensure that my items are eligible for gift voucher purchase?
All you need to do is offer PaisaPay on your listings, and vouchers will be redeemable against your listings (depending on the terms and conditions of the specific vouchers).
What will it cost me if buyers pay for my item using an eBay gift voucher?
You will be charged the same PaisaPay fees as the payment type used by the buyer for paying the balance amount. So, for a Rs. 100 order, buyer has paid Rs. 80 using credit card and Rs. 20 using vouchers, sellers will be charged the PaisaPay Credit Card fees for the entire Rs. 100. If the buyer had paid Rs. 80 using online bank transfer, and Rs. 20 as vouchers, the seller will be charged the PaisaPay online bank transfer fees for the entire Rs. 100. In case the amount is fully paid for using vouchers, then coupon fees rate will be charged. (click here to refer to the rates).
Can I buy gift vouchers?
No, you will not be able to buy vouchers. eBay will distribute coupons directly to users, based on its own discretion.